Public Address System Announcer
Responsible for making announcements with a microphone or amplifier over a loud speaker at events such as weddings, parties, at clubs, or during sports events.
- Make announcements at public events.
- Act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- Tell patrons about discounts, special promotions, or upcoming events.
- Deliver live banter and jokes to enliven mood.
- Read prepared scripts.
- Calm down crowds if there is an emergency.
- Inform crowds how to properly exit the building.
- Point out exit doors.
- Encourage patrons to tip bartenders.
- Be able to give statistics and announce names of players and officials.
- Study layout of event venue.
- Work with event director to ensure timing of announcements.
- Announce bride and groom when they enter the reception.
- Provide commentary during sports play.
- Deliver updated scores.
- Preview and play set list and announce song titles and singers.
- Warmly receive clients and guests.
- Announce information of interest to patrons of all sporting events.
- Announce starting line-ups, in-game announcements, public address announcements, presentations, sponsorship announcements, contests, and coming events.